• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Organization for Toned Coin Collectors

55 posts in this topic

I'm going to coin the nickname now: C5.

I wanna join C5 when it comes online!

lol...I will be sure to announce when we are ready to launch....might be mid year..maybe more like the fall....not sure at this point.

I am curious about the inclusion of cameo with toned. Is there a lot of crossover between cameo collectors and toned coin collectors? I love toned coins, but I would never spend a premium for a cameo. How do others feel?

I don't think it's really about there being a crossover between the two though I have seen a lot of high end toned coin collectors also collecting Cameo coins. I think it's about having a club with some diversity and getting differing opinions on what constitutes a nice coin. Having a club focused on a few different types would mean a larger collecting pool, perhaps better discussions vs. the usual...I have a pretty coin to show off threads that permeated the TCCS. There is nothing wrong with those type of threads but there was quite a bit of fluff with dealers showing off their coins and collectors showing off their coins that they bought from said dealer. I would like to make this club more than just superficial.....I would like great discussions and possible action plans to combat artificial toning and artificial frosting in the case of Cameos.

Ultimately there is a lot that is currently undecided about the site so members here who may be interested in joining down the road can certainly PM me with ideas and suggestions to make it a more useful and informative club. I am not trying to replace any other forums...I just feel that once the TCCS went away there just wasn't a great haven for Toned coin collectors to hang out and share common coin interests. There has been a ton of negativity and misinformation posted about toned coins, prices paid, coin doctors, investment potential etc over the past 5 years and having a large group of collectors passionate about preserving toned coin collecting for future generations seems like a worth while pursuit.

What about those of use who live in the North and don't get a lot of sun? Can we be toned collectors, too?

What about those of use who live in the North and don't get a lot of sun? Can we be toned collectors, too?

You can't be tanned collectors but I think we can make an exception for you to be Toned coin collectors hm

Sure, that's easy enough, just do a bunch of exercises to get all toned. For example, one exercise that you don't have to pay a gym membership to do, that can be common to Northerners, is shoveling snow.

The name we settled on was: Color and Cameos Coin Collectors Club

Somehow cameos doesn't seem to me quite the right word for a club mainly focused on coins that have changed color naturally since they were minted. Instead, please allow me to suggest Chameleon Coin Club.

The name we settled on was: Color and Cameos Coin Collectors Club

Somehow cameos doesn't seem to me quite the right word for a club mainly focused on coins that have changed color naturally since they were minted. Instead, please allow me to suggest Chameleon Coin Club.

Not a bad suggestion but the domain name has already been purchased so the name is pretty set in stone. The content is certainly negotiable so all good suggestions will be seriously considered....all bad suggestions will be posted on a bulletin board so we can throw tomato's at them :boo::boo::boo::boo::boo:

Just to be clear...we are not relaunching the TCCS...this old thread was brought forward and the topic turned to a toned coin forum which me and my partner are working on but it is not the TCCS.

What kind of forum software do you plan on using Shane?

Most likely UBB threads like NGC is using as it seems to have good functionality and it's a platform a lot of members would be comfortable working in....not set in stone but it's probably the front runner right now.

Just to be clear...we are not relaunching the TCCS...this old thread was brought forward and the topic turned to a toned coin forum which me and my partner are working on but it is not the TCCS.

Is the new toned coin forum up?

This is a really old post.... but this post is all I ever heard about this site/society. As far as I know, it never got off the ground.

Also, Shane doesn't really post here very much (if at all) anymore. I haven't seen him here in a long time.

This is a really old post.... but this post is all I ever heard about this site/society. As far as I know, it never got off the ground.

Also, Shane doesn't really post here very much (if at all) anymore. I haven't seen him here in a long time.

I don't see Lehigh much here either....

jom