• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1988 silver eagle

14 posts in this topic

Looking at the obverse I would say it's an MS67, looking at the reverse it looks like a proof. Not sure what's going on there, maybe the obverse is hazy? I call it a MS/PR 67.

Looking at it again, I'd have to say that's it's for sure been mishandled and would be worth bullion plus a couple dollars cuz Eagles always go for a premium.

Looking at it again, I'd have to say that's it's for sure been mishandled and would be worth bullion plus a couple dollars cuz Eagles always go for a premium.

Unless you sell to a dealer or B&M. They almost always never pay premiums over spot.

Unless you sell to a dealer or B&M. They almost always never pay premiums over spot.

Because they sell for $2 over spot.

Around here their mark up is as much as $5 over spot.

I'd suggest buying from Kitco then. Their premium is at $2.50 on sell and $1.80 on buy as of today.

I'd suggest buying from Kitco then. Their premium is at $2.50 on sell and $1.80 on buy as of today.

I don't buy bullion.

+ tax + shipping and handling

kitco/apmex TOTAL price is ridiculous