• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coin images from NGC

11 posts in this topic

I'm putting together a couple submissions and I was wondering if anyone has had NGC do images? I've seen tons of pics done ats but cannot recall seeing any that NGC has shot. Normally I have Mark Goodman do the majority of any I have done but I'm allways open. Any boby have thoughts on the pic quality and/or show some you've had done.

Thanks

I'd recommend that you continue having Mark take your photos.

No offense to our host, but unless they have changed drastically, the photos would look no better than those you'd see in a Cert # look-up.

Chris

I'd recommend that you continue having Mark take your photos.

No offense to our host, but unless they have changed drastically, the photos would look no better than those you'd see in a Cert # look-up.

Chris

+1

And btw, PCGS Also seems to juice their pics and edit them. I've bought a couple of toned coins and 1 proof 1c last month that came with trueview pics, and the coin looked nothing like the photos - the coin was darker and colors not as vibrant in hand as in pic. Not cool.

I could be wrong, but it appears that NGC uses some sort of high throughput scanning system for their images and the images are not very good, in my opinion. Continue to use Mark, if you can, or one of the other quality photographers.

NGC offers complete professional imaging, but the prices are quite steep. These are not only limited to the images produced for the certification verification look-up website. However, given the prices, and the fact that you have a history with Mark, I'd stick with that option.

See this site: http://www.ngccoin.com/imaging-services/index.aspx

PS -- I agree with yonico regarding PCGS TrueView images. They often look nothing like the coin in hand.

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

The Photo Proof and Photo Vision images provided by NGC are far superior to the verification images. They are the equal of anything being done by the various photographers whose excellent work has been posted on these boards from time to time. I can't comment on the relative cost, since I don't know what these other photographers are charging.

Mr. Lange, I believe that I have seen costs per photo in the $10 to $15 range. I do like the Photo Proof portfolios that I've seen, didn't know it was still available tbh.

Thanks for the input everyone, mabey I have one or two done just for compairson sake. I've never had any pics done ats or bought any coins that were so I cannot coment on the fairness of those side by side to the actual coin but I have wondered if the images were enhanced at times.