• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cashing in halves

7 posts in this topic

I stopped at the bank to return some halves I got blanked on, while at the counting machine I saw some change in the not accepted bin, I thought bonus, looked at them and there was a british 1992 10 pence, a canadian dime, a crappy 92 nickel, a crappy 2000 lincoln and 3 43 steel cents, also crappy, oh well, cant win them all

It sounds like a win to me. Can't really complain when it's free!

+1.

Buttttt, nothing is really "free." He had to pay for fuel to drive to the bank :whee:.

The only thing free here was George's time to go to the bank for the "crappy" rewards. :banana:^^

I found a 1962 Quarter in the Coinstar Machine at Winn Dixie today. hm If I account for: fuel, cost of groceries and a 10 Powerball tickets.. I am still negative BUT, in the long run, I got a free Quarter worth $7.00! :grin:

-Dave

I find many many foreign coins and silver coins in the reject tray of coinages machines and "penny arcades" at TD bank.

Weird that you found steel pennies - the machines I use all have huge magnets below the bin where you dump the coins that are used to catch all the bullets (yes, bullets), pins, staples, paper clips etc that are dumped into the machine by mistake.

In the bank branches that know me, they sometimes let me "clear the magnets" and I find many steel pennies and some other foreign coins stuck to it.

Anyway, great finds!

Thats cool, they emptied a bag of halves while I was there, $1000. wish I could have bought it

Some banks let you buy the bag after they seal it. Other banks you have to order a box of $500.

I used to search bank rolls. Doing $5,000/week in halves only, and then $2500 in dimes.

That's 10 boxes (250 lbs) to carry from the bank and then to another bank. I had a huge paint bucket of all the foreign coins I found in counting machines and in the rolls (and another bucket full of 40% silver halves), but it was too much work and I quit.