• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coin Store POS

14 posts in this topic

Does anyone know of or use a computer software program for selling coins/collectibles? I'm looking for something that I can use for inventory, selling, profit/lost? Does quickbooks offer this type of service?

Coin Elite is a very good inventory and cost analysis program. I've used it for awhile now and it's a very comprehensive program for coin collectors. Go to www.trovesoftware.com for info.

Carl.

If you're good with MS Excel, you can create your own spreadsheet to do all that.

Excel isn't free; however, as you have to purchase the program, which is usually included in MS Office, along with MS Word, MS Power Point, and MS One Note.

MS Office 2010 Home and Student retails for $119.95, and the Home and Business version is $199.95, and Office Professional is $349.95.

Coin Elite is a very good inventory and cost analysis program. I've used it for awhile now and it's a very comprehensive program for coin collectors. Go to www.trovesoftware.com for info.

Carl.

I agree.

As much as I love Excel, I took the fast and easy way with Coin Elite.

It's everything I ever needed to keep track of things.

Excel. It comes pre-loaded on most every PC and is quite easy to use and flexible as all get out.

It comes preloaded on every PC in a 60 day trial package of MS Office. After the 60 day trial is up, you must purchase the program.

In order to use the free trial, you are required to register Office to activate the free trial.

Thanks for all the information. So far, excel looks to be the best. My accountant said to use quickbooks, never used that before, but she said that it would keep track of the purchase price, any cost associated with the coin (ie grading), and the sells. I have an Apple so I would have to get the Microsoft addin for it if I go with excel. I think I will try both just to see.

Once you register, every piece of software you add to your computer will be tracked by Microsoft. Tiny Micromen will come to your door and issue squeaky instructions for the registry settings, and insist you use Bing, Bang and Bob to help you find things you didn't want to find in the first place. Johnny Appleseed men do the same thing only they smell of cider and cheddar cheese.

A truly free alternative is Open Office at WWW.OpenOffice.org.

Their goal is a MS compatible office software suite with open source code. I have used their spreadsheet program for years and never had a problem reading or sending to an Excel user a file. Just a thought if you want to stay away from paying for a spreadsheet program.

The only time I ever ran into a compatibility issue was when I tried to embed a video file into their version of power point.

I use excel as I can design my own format and have separate spreasheets within the same file for slabbed coins, modern world silver, and currency in addition to bullion value tables plus financial data - Sales Journal, Purchase Journal, Income Statement, etc.

I heard that quickbooks is not that much flexible and not meet the ends needs,I don't know if your accountant has any other assumption about quickbooks but surely Exel is by far the most friendly for all the calculations and reports...Or you can also go for NCR Counterpoint POS which is trending now-a-days and has exceptional reviews.

Cody Samuel

consultant for posnation.com(Managing Restaurant POS Software )

8701 Red Oak Blvd, Suite 100

Charlotte, NC 28217