• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Added more Kennedy's

10 posts in this topic

4 to be exact

Howdy Friends,

Added 4 Mint State Kennedy's to my set this weekend and just finished uploading the photos. I received them while celebrating my 23rd wedding anniversary at a lovely river home on the Rogue River here in Southern Oregon. I didn't mention to my wife that I was expecting coins in the mail and I was a little worried about leaving them in the mailbox for three days but my sweetie brought them along for me. I spent some relaxing time and registered them with my smart phone while watching the river flow by.

Added the following coins, a 1989 P and D, 1971 D and 1972 D Kennedy Half Dollars. The 1989 examples are graded MS67 by NGC and the 1971 and 1972 Denver minted examples are graded MS66 also by NGC. The 1989 P is conditionally rare in MS67 with only 88 graded to date with none finer out of a total mintage over 24.5 million.

The 1989 D is scarce in MS67 and has 120 graded with two finer in MS68 out of a total mintage just over 23 million. The 1971 D is the highest mintage year in the Mint State series with over 302 million minted and the 1972 D had over 141 million and they represent the average grade for their respective year.

For this Journal entry I have attached a photo of the 1989 P I just received,

Happy Collecting,

Merlin8*

12154.jpg

See more journals by Merlin8*

Happy anniversary Merlin8. Wow the Rogue River ! I have been reading for years about the steelhead and salmon runs and the great flyfishing in the Rogue. This Nov I will combine going to the Baltimore show and then flyfish the Gunpowder River on the way home. Congrats on the additions and 23 years ! Richh

Thanks RichH,

That's right! The Rogue River is open now for Fall Chinook July-October and Summer Steelhead Sept-November and Winter Steelhead runs January-February-March, then Spring Chinook in April-June.

The Rogue has great flyfishing, another is the Metolius River in Central Oregon is supposed to be the best in the state. There is a 12 mile stretch set aside just for Fly and is supposed to be some of the best flyfishing water in the country.

Great place to live,

Thanks again,

Merlin8*