• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A couple new Oregon's for the fledgling set

19 posts in this topic

The 39-P is tough with color. The 37-D I may upgrade in time but I couldn't resist the distinctive tab toning. It's fun. MJ

7.jpg

4.jpg

That's a killer reverse on the 37. Love the greens.

The greens are literally the same color as the sticker in hand. MJ

For a relative newbie please explain lab toning. I note the uniqueness of the toning pattern on the reverse of the 37-D but don't understand the terminology. Clear to me that it was some type of holder.

IMHO the 37 is a KO. Color accent on obverse is incredible. How true are the colors in hand as opposed to the pics?

Carl

For a relative newbie please explain lab toning. I note the uniqueness of the toning pattern on the reverse of the 37-D but don't understand the terminology. Clear to me that it was some type of holder.

Carl

This link should answer your question! :blahblah::grin:

IMHO the 37 is a KO. Color accent on obverse is incredible. How true are the colors in hand as opposed to the pics?

Carl

Im assuming 'Bert's link will lead you to the tab cardboard holders these often were stored in for years.

The colors are pretty accurate in the photo. The lustre is very thick and the color looks syrupy like a jewel.

Michael is correct about the 39-p. It is tough to find with color. The coin is actually much better looking in hand. The 38-p in color will be a challenge.

Thank you for the kind comments. It is MUCH appreciated

MJ