• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any recommendations for a trusted dealer in my area?

4 posts in this topic

Hi Folks,

I am wondering if anyone lives in the Portland, Oregon/ Vancouver, WA area or maybe knows of a dealer in a 100 mile radius or so area of that location that they would like to recommend as a trusted dealer? I am looking for someone that you could take a coin collection to, dump it on their counter, and for example, be assured of not getting ripped off by them paying you 4 cents for a 1909 VDB S that happened to be in your collection and you had no idea it would even be worth 4 cents let alone thousands. (Not that I have a 1909 VDB S, but you get the idea.) Keep in mind that I am talking about a collection that is primarily comprised of moderns, and modern commemoratives, with a few classic silver commem, walking liberties, and such just to keep things interesting.

I appreciate any feedback and/or recommendations.

Thanks,

While the distance is probably somewhat greater than you are looking for, I can unhesitatingly recommend Pinnacle Rarities, out of Olympia WA. Their website

I worked for them for 6 years, knew and know how they treat collectors (and dealers) and trust them as much as, if not more than anyone I have met in my 30+ years in the business.