• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Want List Disappoints posted by blake-rock

4 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

You want what?

For one year I have had a want list item. Each major show I would email to confirm my item and would always get a one word confirmation-OK. Well two weeks ago my coin appeared on the dealer website "on hold". When I sent an email to state that was my want list items, once again I got an Ok, meaning I guess, hopefully next time. I guess a small player must play in the minor leagues, not with the big boys.

See more journals by blake-rock

Ive always thought that if you put your coins on a want list with several differant dealers . Then you would start a compitition between those dealers ,thus driving up the price they have to pay then drivig up the price you would have to pay. Expecially for a coin with a very low pop.

Now if price is no object of concern then the more dealers the better. I would pick 1 dealer that I trust and that specializes in that series. and if he kept blowing me off I would let him know my displeasure and find another dealer because obviously you cannot trust them.

I would try to find another dealer that appreciates my business. I also agree with Coinier, I don't give the same wantlist coin out to more than one dealer. What is amazing is that you have constantly followed up with the dealer to keep the coin fresh in his mind. At the very least he should have apologized and given you more than "OK". So it seems you are doing all the right things and were not rewarded for your diligence. I'd move on. Best Of luck, Rich