• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is theft/robbery part of the norm now?

40 posts in this topic

Thanks Bobby. I have my conceal carry license as well. Shortly after the incident my wife did go to the NRA basic pistol course which is a requirement here in MA to get your conceal carry permit. She never did follow through to get her license to carry though.

Thanks Bobby. I have my conceal carry license as well. Shortly after the incident my wife did go to the NRA basic pistol course which is a requirement here in MA to get your conceal carry permit. She never did follow through to get her license to carry though.

I wish I was able to get a concealed liscense. I have a record for shooting with intent to kill. I have no problem grabbing my wifes pistol though!! lol

I wish I was able to get a concealed liscense. I have a record for shooting with intent to kill. I have no problem grabbing my wifes pistol though!! lol

Sorry. I misread your earlier post. Your wife has the license. I got it now. I think I would actually feel better if my wife had the license instead of myself. I'm pretty fast. I just can't run if I'm with my wife or my daughter.

Sorry. I misread your earlier post. Your wife has the license. I got it now. I think I would actually feel better if my wife had the license instead of myself. I'm pretty fast. I just can't run if I'm with my wife or my daughter.

:signfunny:

Theft is a property crime. Robbery is a crime against the person as well as against the property. In a robbery, the victim is present during the theft. That's why robbery is a higher classification crime.

I imagine thefts go on a lot more than we're made aware of in these shows.

i agree and were just not told about it.

At a recent club meeting one of the regulars told me he had been robbed again recently (for his coins). He told me he has been robbed multiple times in the past as well. Another individual said that it has happened to him too, and that he believes every long time collector/dealer has experienced this at some point.

I find his belief a little hard to accept, I would like to think that most people have not had coins lost due to theft/robbery, or am I just deluding myself?

Please share how long you've been in the business and how many times (if any) you've lost coins from theft. Hopefully after enough people have shared I can go back to my happy little world.

Personally, I've been collecting/selling for a little over 10 years and never experienced theft of any kind, though I tend to be rather cautious as well.

The coin field has always had a problem with theft/robbery, as with every other type of business.

If businesses didn't lose large amounts of money through, "loss" or theft, however you want to think of it, they wouldn't need loss prevention dept's, and you woudln't need see cameras everywhere big business these days especially something you can slip into your pocket

That is about the response I expected. You insult every person who ever put on a uniform with your "soldier boy" comment, and now you have no way to defend yourself. So you try to say the other person is not worthy of your time. I'm sure most of the people who go into service are just barely educated slugs that are beneath you in society. Yet they are the ones who volunteered to lay down their life if needed so people like you can sponge off society being self-important. YOU have a nice day. and enjoy your freedom

Go Newprepper, coming from a military family I wholeheartedly agree! BTW my barely educated resume includes 2 doctorates.