• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Teletrade annoyance

43 posts in this topic

According to their website their phone number is 800-949-COIN. And that's the ONLY number listed

According to my phone that makes their number 800-949-9+-,

My secret decoder ring was thrown out 2 decades ago along with my obsolete land line phones!

Your thread title should be changed to reflect annoyance at either your phone, yourself, or both, but certainly NOT Teletrade.

Sorry Mark,

It was Teletrade's decision not to include the numerical translation of their phone number on their website. Are they trying to save bandwidth by not including the 4 numbers on their site? IMO, the OP has a legitimate gripe here.

Paul

Your thread title should be changed to reflect annoyance at either your phone, yourself, or both, but certainly NOT Teletrade.

Sorry Mark,

It was Teletrade's decision not to include the numerical translation of their phone number on their website. Are they trying to save bandwidth by not including the 4 numbers on their site? IMO, the OP has a legitimate gripe here.

Paul

Sorry, Paul,

I have seen other coin companies use "COIN" as part of their phone number over the years and I have never heard a complaint about it until now. It just so happens that the complaint in question is from an individual who has complained about a number of things here, some of them, unfairly. Otherwise I might not be unsympathetic.

I have a dumb phone, but the complaint sounds like one that is biting Blackberry users. According to this article, all you have to do is hold down the 'alt' key while dialing the letters.

Just don't push the 'alt' key when you hit the '*' button to increase your bid. (Anyone remember this?)

Sorry Mark,

Paul

Sorry, Paul,

I have seen other coin companies use "COIN" as part of their phone number over the years and I have never heard a complaint about it until now. It just so happens that the complaint in question is from an individual who has complained about a number of things here, some of them, unfairly. Otherwise I might not be unsympathetic.

I know about the OP's history of ranting. As someone who worked for a company that had a word in their phone number and has had heard similar complaints, it seems silly not to list both the alpha and numeric version of the phone number on the website.

Having said that, I have an iPhone and the keypad shows both the numbers and the letters. I don't know what ghetto smart phone he is using though!

Sorry all but I'm in agreement with jimbucks, they should list the # not the acronym. I have a dumbphone, NEED it for business, its handy, but maybe I don't want everybody to be able to hound me at all hours. I have a cell bill for myself, wife and 2 daughters, We have internet at home, not on our phones, I remember when you actially DIALED a phone. Neither myself nor anybody else in my household NEEDS internet everywhere they go. How did we ever get by without instant communication? Walk down the street in a large city or mall and see how many people walk with heads down eyes glued to phones. No awareness whatsoever.

Sorry all but I'm in agreement with jimbucks, they should list the # not the acronym. I have a dumbphone, NEED it for business, its handy, but maybe I don't want everybody to be able to hound me at all hours. I have a cell bill for myself, wife and 2 daughters, We have internet at home, not on our phones, I remember when you actially DIALED a phone. Neither myself nor anybody else in my household NEEDS internet everywhere they go. How did we ever get by without instant communication? Walk down the street in a large city or mall and see how many people walk with heads down eyes glued to phones. No awareness whatsoever.

I have a dumb phone, as well. I don't understand why "COIN" should give anyone any trouble, regardless of the type of phone they use. It should be easy enough to translate.

jimbucks,

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how to work a smart phone. I agree with Mark; the frustration should be placed where it belongs -- on your inability to figure out technology -- not on Teletrade.

:devil:

I think jimbucks is beyond help. If it's not this rant, it'll simply be another. Maybe he's just ahead of the vast majority of the human race. Dunno.

In any case, I find threads like this not to be so constructive, and really belongs in the WC section (is there still a Water Cooler section?). It really diminishes the overall quality here.

EVP

2646. whats the problem. end of topic. move on

:news:

:o

Soo hm....Letters....are, if fact, also numbers.....Does that mean numbers are letters?! How could I have missed it! This explains why teens use 3's as E's, 1's as L's, 5's as S's, and write words like Skate "Sk8"! :banana: It all comes together now!

This must be how Einstein felt when he proved his Theory of Relativity! :acclaim:

-Dave

2646. whats the problem. end of topic. move on

:news:

:o

Soo hm....Letters....are, if fact, also numbers.....Does that mean numbers are letters?! How could I have missed it! This explains why teens use 3's as E's, 1's as L's, 5's as S's, and write words like Skate "Sk8"! :banana: It all comes together now!

This must be how Einstein felt when he proved his Theory of Relativity! :acclaim:

-Dave

:whee:

Next time I'm at a Board of Directors meeting at Heinz,

I'll ask John Kerry what the correct spelling of Ketchup is...

His answer "t-h-e-r-e-s-a" thats who pays the bills

:headbang:

I seem to be the minority here but I kinda agree with JimBucks.

Why not advertise the phone number as: 800-949-COIN (2646)

I have no problem understanding the letter/number thing, but I think my father/mother/uncles might get confused by that.

It is catchy and easy to remember if they advertise on the radio or a billboard, but ON THEIR WEBSITE they should have the full number too.

Just my opinion

I seem to be the minority here but I kinda agree with JimBucks.

Why not advertise the phone number as: 800-949-COIN (2646)

I have no problem understanding the letter/number thing, but I think my father/mother/uncles might get confused by that.

It is catchy and easy to remember if they advertise on the radio or a billboard, but ON THEIR WEBSITE they should have the full number too.

Just my opinion

I think the issue is that many folks here perceive the OP to be someone pre-disposed to being unreasonable with his posts. Also, in the opening post, the OP indicated that he was unable to decode the letters into actual numbers.

In response to the OP's perceived habit of making mountains from molehills, the crowd then made the mountain even bigger. Go figure.

I've been guilty of not following my own advice on many occasions... In this case, I think if one finds a thread or post not up to their sense of quality, then he or she should simply not contribute to it. Let the thread count do the talking.

EVP

I think jimbucks is beyond help. If it's not this rant, it'll simply be another. Maybe he's just ahead of the vast majority of the human race. Dunno.

In any case, I find threads like this not to be so constructive, and really belongs in the WC section (is there still a Water Cooler section?). It really diminishes the overall quality here.

EVP

I agree with EVP. I do not understand how some folks can make it through an average day with all of the minor hurdles and inconveniences that life throws at them. And I agree that it is unfair that the OP throws Teletrade under the bus for his own incompetence.