• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I found a coin club finally posted by stuartt

4 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

When out in the middle of no where it's hard to find people to learn from

I live in a town like mayberry. Last drive by was probably in the 1700's. The nearest coin dealer that I would trust is about an hour away and coin clubs and shows are almost nonexistent. So I was just about to give up when I discovered this I get all the benefits of a coin club without the pain of dues or meetings. So far people have been friendly and I have been offered all kinds of help. Thank you all so very much.

See more journals by stuartt

While I don't live in Mayberry and do have a local coin club and coin shop, I still agree with your assessment. I dropped my ANA membership soon after joining here. I was getting zero from the ANA and didn't even especially care for the magazine. I find the people friendly and helpful here making it a great collecting experience.

While I love the "Collectors Society" there is still a lot to be said for ANA membership. I have been an ANA member for forty-six years and feel that I have received good value for my membership fees. Remember that the ANA magazine is not the only membership benefit. Members also recieve free admission to the ANA Museum in Colorado Springs, free admission to the two semiannual ANA conventions, and most importantly access to the ANA research staff and the vast resources of the ANA lending library.

As a serious collector I have found that access to the ANA research staff and the resources of the ANA library has been my most valued membership benefit. The ANA library research staff are very helpfull. The rare out of print books and journals that I checked out over the years would have cost thousands of dollars if I had to purchase them yet I was able to borrow them for the cost of postage.