• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eye appeal as a grading standard

13 posts in this topic

You put coins in front of a monkey and it can pick one that's eye appealing to it. I'm just sayin'...

A monkey ...

I resenble that remark ... :kidaround:

urk, urk, urk ....

You put coins in front of a monkey and it can pick one that's eye appealing to it. I'm just sayin'...

Ever try to sell a coin to a monkey?

No, but I've seen dealers who wouldn't be in business if they weren't good at making monkeys out of their customers, does that count?

No, but I've seen dealers who wouldn't be in business if they weren't good at making monkeys out of their customers, does that count?

Maybe they are not really "dealers", but are instead, impostors?

"Dealers" get blamed for many ills in the hobby, but in reality, I don't know of any real dealers who wish for their customers to be monkeys. It's the impostors whom I have seen behave in that manner.

Maybe they are not really "dealers", but are instead, impostors?

"Dealers" get blamed for many ills in the hobby, but in reality, I don't know of any real dealers who wish for their customers to be monkeys. It's the impostors whom I have seen behave in that manner.

To take James' comments one step further, I don't understand why some people have to belittle dealers when these same people think nothing of going into a B&M (or to a dealer's table at a show), cherrypick their inventory and then make fun of the dealer for his/her stupidity.

Chris