• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some Sellers on Ebay! by Allen

16 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

This seller obviously must be totally confused as to what it takes to buy and sell coins

This seller only has an image of the obv of the coins in all his listings and not a close enough image to get a good Idea as to the condition of the coin. hers alink to the image. http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-S-PCGS-PR-6..._Individual&hash=item1e71d0b506

So I send a message and ask if he can send some better images of the obv and Rev.

This was the sellers answer

THIS IS A PCGS GRADED COIN, YOU HAD THE CHOICE TO BUY IT OR TO ASK ME TO SPEND MORE MONEY ON THE CHANCE THAT YOU WOULD BUY IT. YOU NOW, HAVE NO RIGHT TO PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM US. WE ARE ONLY GOING BY EBAY RULES.

would any collectors be interested in doing business with sellers like this? I certainly would not.

See more journals by Allen

This was in one of the other listings........funny...craigs list and amazon

We will be moving all our items onto teleltrade, heritage, craigs list, and amazon and all other entities where they care about entities who spend an avg of 100k per year on their site!!!

I just visited the coin at the link provided. The Seller has pulled the auction from their site. Interesting. I also noticed that the starting bid was $275.00, with no additional bids.

The coin does look a little bit rough but, that could be the casing scuff marks. I have noticed that on some Ebay sites you can "enlarge" the provided image while on others, you can not.

If someone is attempting to sell a "high-end" coin, certified or not, they should be willing to make a quality image. I spend a whole thirty seconds making a close up image of my coins, both Obv and Rev. Another minute cropping and labeling. Then, if I take a few sips of my coffee, another two minutes sending an image throught the internet. A total of not more then four minutes, tops. IMHO

I am waiting for Ebay coin seller to "modify" the NGC Bar Code to prevent buyers from "validating" the FMV of a particular coin. I have used the new bar code reader cellphone app on the Ebay site and, it is fantastic. With the reader I can see all kinds of info on a certified NGC coin, to include FMV.

Best wishes,

Newsprepper.... This is only an observation on my part.... this Seller would not spend four minutes and a few cents to help a possible buyer but, is willing to give up a whole lot of their profits to these "Internet shop" sites, who charge a bunch of surcharges. Again, interesting....

Best wishes,

Jack

That was my point, if you have to pay for photos its 35 cents, for a lot of bells and whistles about 2 bucks to list it. and they think they are going to hurt feelings by goint to craigslist? With all the issues I have with ebay, its one of the best ways to sell my junk

As you know a buyer can make a "sellers List," on Ebay. I have about ten quality sellers out of the hundreds that I have dealt with, that I now have on my list. The sellers that I deal with are very professional and eager to please the buyer.

I guess, there are sellers out there who feel their item is the ONLY one being offered on Ebay so they feel, "buy mine or, nothing." No business there. Also, IMHO, none will be on sites like Cregs list.

I learned, when I first started buying coins, the following golden rule: If you do not feel a purchase is right, pass. . . cause it will come again, from somewhere else.

Newprepper, I hope you do find that coin and seller that gives you the deals and assistance that you desire. They are out there, even on Ebay. Research, time and patience are the keys to a good buy and finding an even greater seller.

Best wishes on your adventures,

Jack

Obviously, this seller has no clue. Ebay changed there rules 2 months ago to allow free pictures to all. It wouldn't cost this person anymore money to add extra pictures, besides the Ebay rules state with slabbed coins you must show the front and back of the slab. So, they are not going by the rules.

Thanks for sharing. I'll add this seller to my list - "Would quit the hobby before buying from this seller"

Anybody that has eBay auctions with fuzzy or concealing photos is a quick pass for me. I can take a perfect picture with my iPhone, so any dealer should be able to do that and post them easily.

I am the same way dealing with people that have an attitude at shows. I am the buyer. All my questions will be answered and I will be comfortable with my purchase with a dealer or money won't change hands.

In my niche on ebay I get questions about compatabilty of a 25 dollar item, I do the same thing that the buyer could do, search the internet, I have spent upwards of an hour just trying to answer a question, However, I got the sale, and maintained a 100% rating, no 1's or 2's ever. Its not hard, and where else can you make 25 bucks for an hours work? McDonalds? I try to be honest in my descriptions erring on the side of being conservative and not making items out better than they are. Its wa too easy.

I requested a larger photo of another listing, here is my reply:

YOU SHOULD HAVE THE ZOOM FEATURE, WHICH WE PAID FOR. HOWEVER THE COIN IS GRADED BY PCGS AND IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION. WHENCE THIS AUCTION TERMINATES IT WILL NO LONGER BE AVAILABLE ON EBAY. THANKYOU FOR YOUR INQUIREE AND HAVE A GOOD DAY!- umac2010

Why are you complaining over a PCGS graded coin? It's a generic proof, granted it's the more valuable variety, but it's slabbed. I understand that it constitutes laziness on the part of the seller, and their response was unwarranted, but it's not like the coins a 64 in a PCGS 68 holder...

Newprepper,

WOW!!!! That person needs to take a few business courses. I would never treat a potential buyer in such a manner, even if it was over a $5 dollar item.

About 5 months ago my father-in-law ordered 2 morgans at a very nice price and when he received the coins we actully got 3 coins. Guess what they were all fake steel rounds!!! What he did not realize when hit the buy it now is that the seller was from China and only had 14 feedbacks. I am not saying that you should not buy from someone with a low feedback rating or if they are in china, just that you really need to be careful. Just like someone said in a previous response, if it does not feel right just pass.

Oh, one more thing, E-bay did not refund our money. One hundred dollars down the drain...It was because of a technicality on E-bays part not ours...

I'm sure they will do fine selling on craigslist haha, that story is amazing, all I see is stories of how bad some buyers are and Ebay treats them like kings. It seems if my memory serves me right, a buyer of mine had a problem, complained and ebay put a hold om my funds immediately. No contact from them, I normally refund if any problem, I even refund shipping. Heck I mailed something last week and the tracking never showed up, customer contacted me today, I contacted USPS, they said never received it or it would be in the system. I refunded everything to buyer, guess what? Its tracking as of tonight. Go figure.