• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coming Home to Papa posted by VUMC409

4 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

It took almost a month to work out the details, but ...

she goes in the mail tomorrow. My newest addition: a 2012 P MS69RD Lincoln. OK, I will admit you almost certainly have to be a Lincoln lover (or maybe just a top pop purist) to understand what this coin means to my sets.

First, this is a pop 3/0 coin. Granted, it is early in the penny year and others may surface. But look at it historically. In 2006 there are only 4 MS69RD business strikes (I acquired one of those via trade not long ago), none in 2007 or 2008 or 2009. Jump to the Shields and there are 3 2010 P MS69RD, 3 2011 P MS69RD, and your current 3 in 2012.

A few more years down the line and these will be impossible to find and nearly as hard to pay for. Down the road, as long as the pops remain low, NGC will at someone's request (who, me?) likely raise the scores thus creating a potentially high rank set. See where I'm going with this?

Anyway, here is a picture of my new win from datentype, until I can take my own. Enjoy!

12045.JPG

See more journals by VUMC409