• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dealer stickers

12 posts in this topic

I'd often wondered why it evidently hadn't yet dawned on some of you dealers who are obviously quite prominent in these forums and on the BSTs to have your own stickers on your slabbed inventory. Is there a negative side to that question I'm not considering?

Do you mean something like Eagle Eye (Rick Snow) or CAC do? If so, there are at least two things that may be different between these ventures and a TB sticker. The first is that these two entities publish price lists and at least attempt to make some sort of market for coins in their niche. The second is that I doubt highly most folks would care about a TB sticker. :blush:

Do you mean something like Eagle Eye (Rick Snow) or CAC do? If so, there are at least two things that may be different between these ventures and a TB sticker. The first is that these two entities publish price lists and at least attempt to make some sort of market for coins in their niche. The second is that I doubt highly most folks would care about a TB sticker. :blush:

It would be like affixing your brand to the slab evidencing your approval of the coin. You wouldn't need a price list just for that. I suppose I can see a negative, though, if you didn't have a corresponding database of the coins so as to mitigate any security concerns. Your purpose being to market your brand, that could be undermined if your stickers are removed and re-affixed to lesser-quality coins.

It would be like affixing your brand to the slab evidencing your approval of the coin. You wouldn't need a price list just for that. I suppose I can see a negative, though, if you didn't have a corresponding database of the coins so as to mitigate any security concerns. Your purpose being to market your brand, that could be undermined if your stickers are removed and re-affixed to lesser-quality coins.

This is exactly what CAC is doing, accept they don't own the coins prior to stickering them. Very little stock is placed in what a dealer has to say about his own inventory, and would be meaningless in the open market.

This is exactly what CAC is doing, accept they don't own the coins prior to stickering them. Very little stock is placed in what a dealer has to say about his own inventory, and would be meaningless in the open market.

Rick Snow and his customers would disagree with you. In any case, the sticker is only as good as the reputation of the dealer that put the sticker on the slab.