• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LOW pop, LOW price, LOW points posted by VUMC409

5 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

My new addition may not be all that intriguing but it is ...

none the less an MS67RD top pop Lincoln.

Hi friends! I scored a nice little MS67RD NGC 1981 P Lincoln Memorial on Teletrade tonight. It only has a top pop of 11 coins at NGC and carries a whopping 16 points. It has a value of more than twice what I paid for it so it was a great deal. It doesn't do much for the score but it puts me one coin closer to complete set.

Here she is!

12005.jpg

See more journals by VUMC409

That was a great pick up at the price. Still do not understand why some 70 and early 80 Lincolns carry such low registry points in the top grades. I know a few of us have been trying to get some of the scores raised.

That was a great pick up at the price. Still do not understand why some 70 and early 80 Lincolns carry such low registry points in the top grades. I know a few of us have been trying to get some of the scores raised.

Make's no sense to me either...especially when you consider the low pops and the toughness of finding one in Gem state. Most of what I see avg MS 64 or so from this era. This coin deserves more respect.

Todd