• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Manchukuo 1 Fen 1935 ?

9 posts in this topic

I believe this to be a Manchukuo 1 Fen, 1935 (K'ang Te Year 2). 24mm diameter, bronze. SCWC #Y6. Agree, disagree?

Obverse

Reverse

Sorry for the image posting headaches. No idea why just including the image doesn't work for me. I wanted to.

Yes! A non-numismatist native speaker has also confirmed the basics. Part of the reason I'm excited is that the dealer heavily misidentified it as a 2 Fen (a denomination not minted), from 1933. Love it when those get caught.

Opinions on grade, in general, just based on what you can see and realizing how heavily blown up the images are? It has a lot of detail but has taken its share of dings. My own guess is VF.

I would like to think XF (wouldn't we all like to think we grossly undergraded?), but I am concerned about the scratch on the reverse rim from about 3 to 6. It's a pretty odd sort of scratch.

I would like to think XF (wouldn't we all like to think we grossly undergraded?), but I am concerned about the scratch on the reverse rim from about 3 to 6. It's a pretty odd sort of scratch.

I am not certain it is a scratch.

I am not certain it is a scratch.

You're thinking a die flaw, then? I'm interested in what you saw that made you doubt that it was a scratch. That's an area where I'm not as educated as I would like to become.