• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Different holder shot posted by Six Mile Rick

2 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

The 1949-D MS65

Here is a shot I took after removing from the old mint set that shows a better view of the edges.

Maybe a trip to NCS to get the duller toning off would improve the grade. I did see a small nick on thee obverse but never really studied these dimes close as they simply went in for their beauty not the grade so I am happy overall!!

12000.jpg

See more journals by Six Mile Rick

Looking at this pic I would say a better 10X view of UNITED will answer the questionable grade. Looks to have been at the end of the roll when packaged at the mint and the roll end crimper scraped across the letters.

This one might just get sold as it is a nice looker and I don't think NCS will improve the MS64 grade if there is a hard hit somewhere that I obviously overlooked. However the 1c will be a NCS candidate. ( gotta try out something new )

Rick