• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1951-D Jefferson Nickel NGC MS67 by lehigh96

4 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Obtained a 1951-D Jefferson Nickel NGC MS67 from Kryptonitecomics (E-Bay seller) for $211.51 and 183 registry points.

The coin was won using a max bid of $315.00

1956-D JEFFERSON NICKEL NGC MS66*: NGC Census: (52/0). PCGS Population (3/0) (6/2012).

Seller: E-Bay Seller: Kryptonitecomics

E-Bay Listing: 320924898499

Ended: Jun 24, 2012 17:08:01 PDT

Description:

Incredibly toned with peach at the obverse center yielding outward to shades of lilac, ice blue, chartreuse, gold, magenta, and lime green. The reverse shows a patina of light brown hues. The strike while not complete, is better than most for the date/mm and the details of Monticello are excellent. The luster is full and the coin is attractive, but this is certainly not the cleanest MS67 graded by NGC.

Comments:

This coin has replaced an equally attractively toned NGC MS66* in my registry set that has a terrible strike. And while this coin is a little cleaner and better struck, this coin still does not have the WOW factor that I look for in permanent additions to my registry collection. I will continue to search for an upgrade for this date/mm.

11968.jpg

See more journals by lehigh96