• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FSH: 2 PCGS CAC Seated Dollars

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am selling two Seated Dollars from my collection. I've held onto them since the previous millennium, and I hope their new owners enjoy them as much as I did.

I also haven't sold on here since the previous millennium, so I am willing to provide references to show that I am not some fly-by-night scammer. I suppose pretty much most old-timers know me.

My terms are:

1. All coins ship after the funds clear.

2. I accept personal checks, bank checks and money orders.

3. I pay for shipping and insurance.

4. I request references if we don't already know each other.

5. I offer a 7-day return policy, from date of receipt. (You pay for return, using a method comparable to the method in which I shipped to you.)

6. Any questions, or requests for modifications to the terms, must be done in writing (via PM here or email to evillageprowler@gmail.com).

The first coin is an 1846-O Seated Dollar, graded PCGS AU55 CAC. This coin is considered a slightly better date, and very hard to find nice. It has attractive original light to medium gray-brown patina, with traces of blue on the lower obverse. It has a typical strike for the issue. Aside from the Treasury Hoard issues (59-O and 60-O), this date is the much more affordable of the two remaining O-mint issues (the 1850-O is considerably more expensive).

Price: SOLD

1024.jpg

The second coin is an 1867 Seated Dollar, graded PCGS AU55 CAC. This is a better date, and extremely hard to find nice. This coin has light, attractive champagne patina gracing semi-PL/satiny surfaces on both sides with nearly full cartwheel luster. The strike is typical for the issue. Anyone who is a student of the series will tell you that the No Motto dates of the 1860's are all very tough to find in any decent condition, let alone nice. This date is probably the 2nd toughest of the four dates of this mini-series (1868 being toughest).

Price: $3350.00

1024.jpg

Lovely coins, so much better than the average Circs!

Thanks, James.

About the 1867, I wish to add that the coin is much nicer in hand than the image (which makes it look washed out - which is NOT the case at all!). The coin really has nearly full cartwheel luster - but it is semi-PL/satiny, so it's hard to show that in a digital image.

EVP