• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Classic 1839-O QE

10 posts in this topic

Reverse appears more XF but the obverse looks like it's not fully original with some VF details. I think it'd BB, but it might just be that I've been up for 22 hours now.

Looks XF/AU, but the color seems to be off and leads me to believe it's been cleaned. Maybe it's just the whte balance? I'm with Mark though, don't waste good money on a questionable coin.

Looks XF/AU, but the color seems to be off and leads me to believe it's been cleaned. Maybe it's just the whte balance? I'm with Mark though, don't waste good money on a questionable coin.

The white balance might be off. Or, it might be fine, in which case the coin's color looks original to me. Cleaned gold coins are far more likely to be lighter in color.

Good point Mark, the color would be lighter if it were cleaned. The coin just screams to me "I was cleaned"!! But the color is too orangy. I don't know, just something about the high spots that I don't like. But it you could buy this sucker for bullion price, I'd say jump on it! lol