• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Local Coin Store Robbed...... Safe saves the day!

7 posts in this topic

So I went to see one of my guys today and it turns out he had been robbed on Sunday. The way the burgular did it made it rather obvious that he was a customer of some sort. Heres what he did to get in. First he pulled back the vinyl siding on the back of the store which is facing some vacant woods. He than used a chisle to chip away at the wood and than dry wall. Once he got in he took spray paint and spray painted the front windows so nobody could look inside. After that he cut the hinges of the safe and began prying. Little did he know the safe had multiple bars and you needed more than the hinges off to win that war. As with most shops there was some silver and stuff laying around that wasnt in the safe and he did get away with that. Store owner is guessing it would add up to around $300. All in all not a big lost considering he would have lost around $50K had the door came off that safe. Just thought it was a interesting way to get robbed and wanted to share it with you all.

Also wanted to add that the shop owner and Authorities thought it was interesting that the burgular was very gentle with everything he did. Even when he peeled back the siding and painted the windows and left a very small mess.

The fact that the burglar tried to cut the hinges tells me he is a rank amateur. The hinge on a safe is only there to carry the door and is never part of the security system. Interior bolts are there to serve that purpose.

What Perry said. Hinges mean nothing. And most stores have not only motion sensors but glass breaks, cameras, recorders and earthquake sensors.

He did get lucky as it sounded like he had none of these.