• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oh What A Day

5 posts in this topic

Who would have thunk

A few weeks back I submitted a 1986 S Prestige set for grading. I did it mainly for the Liberty half dollar and dollar. But boy what a fantastic suprise that awaited me as I entered the coins into my registry. The Liberty's both graded PF 69 UC but that was far from what came next. The 1986 S Jefferson nickel came back a great PF 70 UC with a full market value of $2500.00 I almost had a minor stroke, In my wildest dreams I would have never thought a 26 year old Jefferson nickel could be worth 50000 times face value. Proof positive that God answers prayer.

I'm new to coin collecting, At the moment I'm working on getting my proof and Mint sets graded. I can't send in many as I'm a totally disabled vet living on my disability. But now I belive I'm hooked for life. I just might make my goal of paying most of my grand Kids collage fund ( If my son ever gets started that is) This day will be remembered as a special day for a very long time. Fingers crossed that I'll have another day that comes close to making me as happy as I am now about starting to collect coins. And the best part is I bought a set of Freedom coins as seen on tv you know the ones. cheap coins with no value. But I just had to have them lol.

Happy Collecting And God Bless

P.S. Images of all my coins to come within the next month.

See more journals by wmfielding

Hey, I just purchased two of these sets from CeCe's auction. :o

Maybe we can compare notes when mine are sent in and graded. Congratuations on your find. I tell people all of the time that there are still "treasures" out there to find. I am glad to hear you found one. Job well done.

On a side note: Thank you for your service. I spent twenty in the U.S. Marine Corps and am also living off of my pentions but, I still find a a few dollars for a coin or two.

Have fun.... Semper Fi !

I own a 1986 jefferson nickel PF70UC and they have sold on eBay from between $700-$1500. If you put it on teletrade it may do better because they haven't had one sell through them.

If you are thinking of selling it send me a message.

It could also be a wonderful start to a Proof Jefferson set. :banana: