• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My 2012 Philadelphia ANA Report with Newps!

39 posts in this topic

Ankur,

That is a nice report and I'm glad you enjoyed yourself so much.

But one point of clarification - I wasn't at the show, so you must have me confused with that (other) chipper guy you met at my table. :D

;)

Good to have met you.

Then who was that masked pastrami eater?

Nice seeing you Ankur, glad you had a good show and thanks for the report.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....pastrami

And here is some eye candy:

1828halfcent.jpg

AnkurJ, Good seeing you again! :)

I had the privilege of seeing this beautiful Lil Sister in hand and don't even remember if she was CAC'd...

As it was hard to take your eyes off this superb eye appealing chuck of copper to even bother glancing at the slab label insert. :headbang:

Whats funny is that Laura had this same date some time ago but in MS65RB (mine is just BN), and it was about 8x the price!! Im very happy with this one.

Whats funny is that Laura had this same date some time ago but in MS65RB (mine is just BN), and it was about 8x the price!! Im very happy with this one.

As I mentioned in person I love BN designated copper like yours!

Just look at it this way... Thanks to the graders opinions your budget is 7X ahead towards other newps :D

it was hard to take your eyes off this superb eye appealing chuck of copper to even bother glancing at the slab label insert.

When you have a copper like that who cares what the label says.

I think between your half cent and Laura's I like yours better.

Nice color and hard to find like that.

Coins I sold at the ANA: 1932 $10 Indian NGC MS63, nice flash, no spots, bought for around $910 raw, plus certification fee, etc., sold for $1020. 1881 $10 Lib. NGC MS61 $860; I bought that too from Richard of Heads and Tails in Torrington for $860 raw, I was hoping for MS62/63. Both would have probably CAC'd increasing profit a bit but decided to sell. Also I sold a nice XF45 1843 Seated $1 NGC that I bought for $430 from a NH dealer to Heritage Aucitions for $600. I bought a nice 1862 3c piece as an MS63 from the same dealer for bid, it graded MS64 because of strike and luster, that I gave to Great Collections with a number of Bust halves that graded so-so. GC was elated about some error coins that went hyperbolic Wednesday night after buyers were able to inspect them in person, which shows the advantage of in hand inspection.

My business philosophy--maximum enjoyment of the hobby and business through full and rigorous education of the public and by offering coins at good competitive prices so every one has a chance to buy for enjoyment and potential profit.