• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

68FT Rosie posted by TPETERS

10 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

My first one! Silver that is!!!

Good Evening,

Well here I am sitting in sunny Rochester MN, (Mayo Clinic). It was a good day, down to my last 2 radiation treatments and looking forward to going home for a few days. Have been here (during the week) for almost 7 weeks now. I am sort of looking forward to going home as a vacation of sorts!

I was in a good mood or as well as I could be and got a line on a 1950S Silver Roosevelt dime. I have a decent set under way but have always wanted a 68FT in my Silver set. They are quite expensive in most cases. I figured it would be a long way off and trying to come up with the money for one would be next to impossible. I would have to sell 50% of my set to afford 1 coin at that lofty grade.

A fellow CS member had a couple of the 68FT's for sale. Well, I contacted him and we worked out a VERY good deal on a 1950S 68FT, snow white, great strike. By doing this deal he made me a very happy man! If I never get another one, it will be ok with me. There are 4 of them at this grade and 3 with a "star" designation. truly a TOP POP coin.

I have looked at some of the top sets in Roosevelt Dimes and the point values for some of the Top Pop coins is staggering! This one I aquired is worth 3788 points! WOW! I can see how the top ranked collectors have scores of 260,000 and up.

I have rambled on enough for now so may all your coins be top pops and point values be high!

Be Well All,

Todd

See more journals by TPETERS

I wish you the best in your recovery and hope that these will be your last chemo treatments you will need.

With a heart and kidney transplant under my belt I understand, to an extent, what your are going through.

Congrats on your 68FT. A truly nice coin in top pop!

Michael

I just picked up a 1958-D MS-67 FT that I really love, so I can imagine what your 68 must look like. Thanks for the update on your health, and get well soon!

Gary

CONGRATULATIONS! HOPE ALL IS GOING WELL AND YOU ARE HOME BY NOW! THAT SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT FIND. STAY WELL, AND KEEP UP THE SEARCH FOR MORE ROSIES!

ALAN