• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I like this one,funny

11 posts in this topic

I am confused.. Whats funny about it?

Look up the value of an 1848-O dollar.

I did and I get it now. I didn't think to check before, I thought he meant it was funny because of the details on it. Thats crazy though. I try to stay away from any Pre-Morgan dollars on Ebay that are not slabbed. But even some of those are counterfeit.

There was a seller who had buy it now on BU 1885 CC Morgans for $69.99, free shipping and what not. He had over 20 available, (It already screamed "too good to be true") But what got me was that the sellers location was in Dundee FL. Sadly, over 15 were sold. I watched the listing, and the next day Ebay removed it and the seller disappeared. A few weeks later though, same exact thing on Ebay from a seller (probably the same one) with the same location.

Its rediculous.

-Dave

There are 1858's, from at least two different manufacturers. One of which was the US Mint.

I stand corrected, You are right, the mint produced about 300 proofs, who else made them? the chinese?