• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Linda C Prescott Birth Year Set posted by VUMC409

9 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Only One Left.

Yesterday I received my newest addition to this #1 Mint Set, a 1947 P MS67 Jefferson Nickel. It is top pop as there are no 5FS or 6FS in 67 at NGC. One of 17 in the grade. Read my set description to see the story behind the acquisition of this coin. Finally!

With this new addition, this leaves me one coin short of an all NGC MS67 set. Not to bad on my budget. The 1947 S Jefferson is my next target. Since beginning my mom's set in 2007, I have yet to see one come up for auction. This may prove to be a real challenge and I may have to go on the prowl to find one. Wish me luck!

I leave you with a picture of my 1947 P Jeff.

Thanks for reading and checking out my set.

11855.jpg

See more journals by VUMC409

Well done... I'm so glad I don't have to compete against you in putting together my Mom's 1942 Memorial Mint Set! THis past week, I have been able to add 3 of the four nickels to the set...

1942 P Silver MS67

1942 D Silver MS67

1942 S Silver MS67

Still looking for the TY1 non-silver Philly... I know the feeling you get when you add that perfect coin to a special set! Good luck, and let us all know when you find that find piece!

Good looking set for your Mom. These type sets often carry a lot of emotion. You're right, there is nothing like filling a special set with impeccable coins.

My set has some upgrades possible but from what I have seen of them they are for the most part really ugly toned IMO. I haven't decided if I will go for any of them or not.

Good luck in your pursuit of the perfect coins to idolize your mom.

Michael

Michael, congratulations and good luck on the remaining Jefferson. I'm at #3 in the 1947 mint set, looking for the 1947-S Jefferson and 1947-D half (I don't think the 1947-P Lincoln is in my budget range). I hope to see you reach the 100% mark soon!

CBC,

Part of my top set standing wouldn't be possible without the willingness on your part. You know what you did for my set. Hopefully that 47D Jefferson will help me hold the lead. It was greatly appreciated.

For what it is worth, the 47D Walker cost me nearly twice what the 47P Lincoln did. Good luck in finding one that meets your budget.

If you happen to end up with that 47S Jeff before I do guess who may come a' callin?

Thanks for your support of this set.

Michael