• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Attended my 1st Coin Show, I will be back. posted by M.H. Collection

3 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Wow there is a lot of fun and history in our hobby

After attending my 1st show, I can tell any of you new collectors like myself once you go you will want to go back.

For me, I as able to bring my son with me and as I was telling him about some of the coins I knew a little about. Almost every dealer was able to expound on what I was telling him and not only enhance my sons knowledge but mine as well.

Thank you for all of the dealers out there who are willing to take the time to share what you have learned with us new collectors.

Also to the dealer who has now "corrupted" my son by giving him a Buffalo Nickel to start him off - a special thank you. You have sparked his interest in him about coins that I remember having along time ago when his age.

See more journals by M.H. Collection

You are certifiably hooked! It is contagious and your son has it! Cool story, you are about to embark on a great journey together as father and son. Collecting coins is a part of life! All the best, enjoy the journey!

Gary

Glad that you enjoyed yourselves---that's Great!!

I'd be glad to help you, If I can, by answering questions. I'm sure that I speak for most of us, too, as everyone here is friendly and usually willing to help, too. Welcome!