• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Numismatic Research Projects

16 posts in this topic

I'm interested in knowing if anyone else is working on a Numismatic Research Project.

RWB, you don't count, probably working on three or four. :)

If so, what is your project, have you found anything new, what keeps you going, what has caused the most pain, and how close to finished are you?

My project is the Classic Commemorative series:

Wisconisn_ComboB.jpg

I have found new stuff but I can't share it here because then it wouldn't be new. ;)

What keeps me going is the search for "new" material plus some help from my friends. (thumbs u

Caused the most pain:

Cover Art. Had two folks recommended to me from board members that just didn't work out. The second part of this answer is a Publisher for my book

How close to finished am I?

My biggest unknown. :(

Every time I'm ready to "Get R Done," I find something "New" plus my answer about "pain."

To tell you the truth, I'd rather it take ten years to finish then rush and it be incomplete.

:grin:

RWB, you don't count, probably working on three or four.

I'm just chasing my tail.... :)

The first comprehensive book on Reeded Edge half dollar variety attribution and series history is due out at the Philly ANA. Graham is the primary author and I wrote the extensive Introduction. You may say we are done with the first edition.

Tom,

That is excellent! The mechanical transition from screw presses to toggle presses had long suffered from incomplete information on the practical results of the change. Your work will certainly help!

The first comprehensive book on Reeded Edge half dollar variety attribution and series history is due out at the Philly ANA. Graham is the primary author and I wrote the extensive Introduction. You may say we are done with the first edition.

WHERE? I would like to buy a copy, and am in Philly now.

RWB, you don't count, probably working on three or four.

I'm just chasing my tail.... :)

Sounding like me now. :)

Sounds like something I'd like to add to the Library.

^^

I apologize if this thread is turning into SPAM about the book, but I will be in Philly this week and will have copies of the book with me. Details of the book are on my site.

I'm interested in knowing if anyone else is working on a Numismatic Research Project.

If so, what is your project, have you found anything new, what keeps you going, what has caused the most pain, and how close to finished are you?

My project is a few comics reference books:

New stuff? because it's such an unresearched field, new stuff pops up all the time

What keeps me going the thought of being published.

Caused the most pain:

Thinking you have everything nailed down, only to find out you've missed 37 items

if I really buckle down, a year or so

To tell you the truth, I'd rather it take ten years to finish than rush and it be incomplete.

It will NEVER be complete. Even if you take those ten years, two weeks after you publish you will find something else that should have been in it.

To tell you the truth, I'd rather it take ten years to finish than rush and it be incomplete.

It will NEVER be complete. Even if you take those ten years, two weeks after you publish you will find something else that should have been in it.

That's why you publish a new edition every year and make sales to all of your previous customers.

How else would he be able to sell the second edition!

New stuff? because it's such an unresearched field, new stuff pops up all the time

Caused the most pain:

Thinking you have everything nailed down, only to find out you've missed 37 items

Sounds interesting and wish you much luck.

(thumbs u

Caused the most pain:

Sounds interesting and wish you much luck.

(thumbs u

Thanks Lee. You and Roger and others put my research skills to shame.

By the way...you're not a chatzilla anymore. ;)