• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2 ASE SFO Set posted by Smitty's Pocket Change

8 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I just received 5 minutes ago my .....

I just received 5 minutes ago my 10 ASE SFO 2 coin set. Just sitting in my garage along with my LL Bean order.

Will send all to NGC.

I wrote a big note on the box to my hubby -DO NOT OPEN

I do not want him to screw it up like he did last year with the 5 coin anniversary set. That cost us $7500 to buy a box that was not opened.

See more journals by Smitty's Pocket Change

The submission instructions on NGC's site says that these must be submitted opened and in the capsules for grading. The details should be on the first page of NGC.com. Hope this helps as you can open this set first because the only coin that is unique to this set is the Reverse Proof.

Actually both the 2012-S Proof Eagle and 2012-S Reverse Proof Eagle are unique to this set. No problem with opening the set as coins should be submitted to NGC in their capsules. The reason that the 25th Anniversary Sets had to be sent in unopened was because of the three coins that were not unique to that set.

There are articles out stating that the mint has decided to release the Proof S Silver Eagle outside of the set. It is no longer unique to this set. That is why you have to have an equal number of reverse proof coins to proof coins in order to submit them for the set.

Wasn't it your "HUBBY" that opened the 5 or 10 sets of 25th aniv. sets last year when they got to the house???

I bet he steers away from this one for sure!!

Later---Rick