• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thoughts on this situation?

39 posts in this topic

Many big sellers rely on statements such as -> Please look over the photos closely and make your own judgement as to grade and value.

This particular company has a monhly sales catalog and I have boughten supplies from them. When companies get bigger and higher volume, many times the employees are higher turnover and do not follow the standards set by company founder. Sometimes the guys that start the company are crooks - I am not sure what the case is in this situation.

Your neutral is not a result of your transaction with them, but what they did next?

You bought coin, arrived timely and packaged fine, returned and prompt refund with no hassles?

The coin was presented to me as a problem free coin. It wasnt. Had they then relisted it and mentioned the problem then I would conisder that it was an honest mistake. What they did next shows intent to decieve that I have decided to assume was also there when sold to me as well. I lost 4$ and time because of this. I think a a neutral is rather conservative.

I agree that leaving a neutral is conservative, and conservative is often the best way to handle things.

This seller knew what he was doing and he is a total slime ball. Give him a neg for trying to sell you a damaged coin without mentioning the damage and to warn future buyers that this guy can't be trusted.

A major copper dealer put a chain cent up for auction on eBay as raw and problem free.

The coin came from a Stacks auction one week prior where it was housed in a PCGS genuine holder for reengraved details.

How's that for ethical?

When I called him out on it, he blasted me saying I didn't know what I was talking about. The funny part? His images were copied from Stacks, so you could see the PCGS prongs in the image!

Ankur- That is crazy. I have seen a bunch of Ebay listings for Morgan dollars where the images used are found on Google. The seller(s) say the morgans are BU but how do people feel comfortable with bidding on a coin that is said to be BU but the pictures are on Google from Coinworld?

IMO every ebay seller who sells coins or currency should have to put actual images of the coin(s) for sale and no "Stock" photos or pictures found on the internet.

-Dave

I have to give this seller some credit.. he responded to Mark in a professional manner. Most sellers, when called out, respond with insults.

I am leaning towards thinking maybe he did simply forget to edit the listing. If not for the grafiti the coin would have been a bargain at 70. Tho it did cross my miind that he listed it at 70$ because he knew of the grafiti. Without it I dont think the coin would have any trouble selling for 90-100$ which is a big difference margin wise on a small ticket coin like that.