• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So I buy a nickel from Hoot...........

9 posts in this topic

A while back I contacted Hoot as I was specifically looking for a 1949 nickel for a certified 1949 set I had been assembling for my dad as gifts here and there. (it's his birthyear). I'm trying to find coins with some color to them.

Hoot said he had a nice raw "D" one Non FS that he graded as MS65. We agreed on a price for the MS65 including certification and postage to me and I'd almost forgotten about the coin when he emailed me the other day to tell me that it was back.

Well the coin ended up MS66 and Hoot told me to mail my check for the agreed upon price of the 65.

The coin arrived and has some pleasing pastel tone to it and I am certain the old man will thoroughly enjoy it. I've not seen many 5c with wild toning while I have looked for them online or at shows so any color was a plus to me.

Having said that I guess what I am trying to say (even though I haven't a clue about Jefferson pricing at all) is that I think it takes a heck of a person to act as Hoot did to me.

Thanks Hoot. grin.gif

I've gotten a couple of wonderful buffalos from Hoot and I can tell you, he is fair, honest, and knows his stuff when it comes to nickels. Besides all that, he’s just a great guy! acclaim.gif

I would never hesitate to buy from him if he was selling something I wanted. He gets a big thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif up from me!

John

blush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gif

grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Nothing like the best of friends and community to work and play with! Thank you ALL!

flowerred.gif

Hoot

Yes, Hoot's a heck of a person, we're just not sure what type. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893whatthe.gif

I'm more inclined to go along with Tom 893whatthe.gif

OK - I'm duckin & runnin now 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

insane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gif

I know where BOTH of you live! insane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gifdevil.gif

angel.gif Hoot