• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PREPPING FOR THE PHILLY ANA SHOW posted by Wissahickon Collection

11 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Making A List; Checking It Twice.

Here we are- one week and counting until the start of this year's ANA show. I've been giving lots of thought to what I want to accomplish next week.

Here's my planning process, so far:

-Checked the show calendar to see what days I want to attend.

-Created a show "Want List".

-Created a show "For Sale List".

-Created a list of "Show & Tell Items".

-Cut back all lists to a manageable size!

-Check table #'s for Barber Collectors and Seated Liberty Clubs.

-Review the Show list of dealers and table #'s to create a list of those that I want to visit.

-Do a quick check of dealer web inventories; then call them with items I want to see at the show.

-Go to Safe Deposit to remove items I want to take to Philly. In my excitement, I showed up at the bank without the box keys- EMBARRASING! Today, I made my second trip. Thankfully, it wasn't the same teller.

Over the next few days, I'll cut this selection down to a size that I am willing to carry around for a few hours!

At the last minute, I'll get some cash, take out my list and check it twice! Hopefully all works according to plan, and I get over my BIG show phobia!

Happy hunting to all attending, and may you dealers have a great show as well!

See more journals by Wissahickon Collection

Funny post! Mostly because I've been there and done that, as they say... Sounds like me preparing for any show, let alone the Big Kahuna!!

Good luck at the show and may you find everything you want for the price you want to pay!! Have fun!

Todd

Wissahickon,

Our ANA --South Carolina show is in October and I am starting my lists already. I will have a case of broken mint sets and other stuff to take in as well as cash to purchase.

Good Luck on some nice Barbers.

I went through some lists like that in my head as well. I was going to make a list of dealers to visit, but since this is my first ANA, I decided to just wing it as there are many Ive never seen before.

More imporant things to me are little snacks to keep with me while walking the bourse :D

And of course loupes, check book, and business cards.

Ankur

I went through some lists like that in my head as well. I was going to make a list of dealers to visit, but since this is my first ANA, I decided to just wing it as there are many Ive never seen before.

More imporant things to me are little snacks to keep with me while walking the bourse :D

Ankur

Loupes and checkbook- Guess I'd better go over my list, again!

Ankur

Yep----Don't forget the snacks. I take a small cooler with sodas and a sandwich. Get there around 10:00 and after a few good dealers with loaded books of coins my stomach says it is hungry around 12:30 or so. A little lunch and a cold soda and I'm ready for the other half of the bourse. Get to know the dealers well as they are mostly regulars for shows all through the year in different counties close to your area.

Later---Rick