• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Here's the other side of that shiney new penny. posted by Leonard Family

8 posts in this topic

I am no expert but, that is a great looking coin.

The shield looks a little rough around the edges, especially at 4 - 5 o'clock. IMHO

Exceptional conditioned coins are being re-discovered. I hope your coin is one of them.

Will you be sending it in to be authenticated and graded? Keep us updated.

Semper Fi !

Jack

I can't tell for sure based on your photo, but the presence of luster around the shield and the top of the wreath is a good sign.

Gary

For a 1899 Indian-----WOW !!!

Sure looks new, is that a good thing????

Looks like it was spray coated 14K gold or something. That would be caused by preserving the bronze piece. I hope they did a good enough job to pass for straight grading.

GOOD LUCK,

Rick

That sure is a gorgeous coin! I really hope it isn't earmarked as altered color as SPHansen alluded to, this is probably the largest problem of early coppers. I think it will grade extremely well otherwise.

Todd

Looks to me like the photo may have been color adjusted to look a bit more red. The carpet in the background looks to be the same color as the coin. Good luck with it and hope all turns out well.

I'm sure that photo has been juiced up a little to make it look redder. I like that it doesn't look like it is browning up, and still has even color. I just hope it is the right color when it gets here.