• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1968 DDO FS-101 Roosevelt Dime NGC MS 65

4 posts in this topic

Just returned after NCS conservation.

Year: 1968

Grade: MS 65

Registry Points: 72

NGC Pop: 5/2

Purchase Price: Self Made

Seems a paltry amount of points for a coin that only has ten graded examples at NGC. In all of my mint set searching I've found about a dozen 1970 DDR and a couple 1969 D/D coins, but this is the lone example of the 1968 DDO coin I've found. I've probably searched well over 150 mint sets to find this lone single coin. With only 2 coins graded higher and only 10 total coins I believe the rarity of this coin is greater than presently thought and at some point may be more valuable.

This coin has found a good home in my Roosevelt Dimes with Varities set.

I sent it to NCS first to clean up some haze and like always very happy with the results. It costs more but makes all the differnce in luster and eye appeal.

Today's picture is a close up of the date and designer's intitials which all show strong doubling. The "8" in the date on this coin looks just like the 8 in the coin explorer photograph leading me to believe the sort of flat sort of smashed appearance of the 8 is from the die.

Enjoy!

Todd

11817.jpg

See more journals by TD Henson