• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Neat Little Custom Set

6 posts in this topic

And Inexpensive to Boot!

Folks,

I have been in a bit of coin collecting doldrums lately. I have 4 coins on a want list with JJ teaparty, I have added a couple of inexpensive Peace Dollars to my registry. But, I have not made any purchases that I would consider significant or even sexy.

So, I have decided to put together a small inexpensive custom set consisting of the different types of El Yunque quarters available. I am not going to focus on labels, just the actual coins. By my count there are 5 to be obtained. 2012 P-D-S in mint state, and 2012 S in Clad and Silver Proof.

I have already made my first purchase. I obtained the little gem, Clad PF69, pictured below for less than $7.00 from a dealer on EBAY. Once all the quarters are obtained, will put together the set with pictures and descriptions. should be fun and should light a little fire in my collector's heart.

Hope all your pursuits are equally fun and those of you attending ANA please report back to us via your journal.

Later,

Malcolm

11814.jpg

See more journals by BeawChan

Thanks Guys,

I just picked up another one of the coins, the Silver Proof version of the El Yunque. I already have a bid on the MS 2012-S El Yunque (also in PCGS). so, just for the kicks, and because I love to live on the edge, NOT, I am going to make the whole El Yunque custom set PCGS.

Later,

Malcolm

128586.jpg.7ae0d45d0aeb87241d41fa37df9e1adb.jpg