• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Type Set Upgrade! Bust Quarter!

21 posts in this topic

Just purchased this from a fellow collector. Ive seldom seen bust quarters with color like this. The coin is in a PCGS AU55 CAC holder.

1833qtr.jpg

It replaces this VF35:

1836bustquarter.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Ankur

They are actually old shallow scratches. Probably caused the coin to be net graded. The beauty of the coin outshines those trivial marks to me.

OK, why can't I find them like this?!

That's a real nice on Ankur....and I'm irritated I couldn't have found it myself. Grrr....

jom

They are actually old shallow scratches. Probably caused the coin to be net graded. The beauty of the coin outshines those trivial marks to me.

Dont get me wrong. Its a great coin! I was just asking. Saw two parallel lines and thought maybe they were adjustments. When did they stop adjusting coins? With exception of trade dollars.

Dont get me wrong. Its a great coin! I was just asking. Saw two parallel lines and thought maybe they were adjustments. When did they stop adjusting coins? With exception of trade dollars.

It's no problem :)

I think but am not 100% sure that adjustment marks stopped in the early 1800's when planchet weights became more accurate.

Ankur, that is one beauty of a coin. The color is magnificent. Do you think it would go MS if it hadn't been for the lite scratches?

Ankur, that is one beauty of a coin. The color is magnificent. Do you think it would go MS if it hadn't been for the lite scratches?

Probably. But I'm glad where it is. If it was MS I couldn't afford it! lol

Two or three lines in a field would not adjust the weight of a coin very much, which is something to keep in mind when looking at coins that have lines on them.