• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A nice Roosevelt posted by Six Mile Rick

8 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

May end up bringing a Full Torch designation home

Friends, Last weekend I did a journal on a couple toners that looked swell. I am going to send the dimes from the set = P,D,S. Here is a pic of the reverse of the 1949-D and I hope this submission comes through well.

Thanks----Rick

11758.jpg

See more journals by Six Mile Rick

Jason,

This dime had the least amount of color toning but a better looking torch. The other two dimes were on the outside of the mint page as was your new quarter. All outside coins toned very nice looking.

Thanks Michael, for the compliment.

Rick -

Nice torch! Only Roosevelt guys will fully appreciate just how nice it is. I don't see much of any chatter on the torch or leaves and overall it's quite nice on the reverse. I think it has good potential. Thanks for sharing!

Todd

Brian, I checked the coin out well at around 25X and didn't notice any doubling but there may be a new variety in town on this one.----Filled D = The die broke off half way up inside the D the D is half full with a small square for the upper center. You can see the bottom half filled flat as it shines and the center hole is above at a deeper indention. Although the dimes tend to look like doubling it is actually excess material and or pressure. I thought the same thing when I got into the dimes as it happens frequently, actual doubling leaves lines on the letters not on the platchet. Good eyes though!!!

Later---Rick