• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How about a coin album for varieties

7 posts in this topic

I am not a huge collector of varieties how ever I am partial to a few in several series.

It would be nice to see albums which could include the major varieties for a complete series. And also perhaps an alblum with the most popular varieties in a number of series.

Has this already been done? VAM album? Enough collectors to support production?

What do you think?

A VAM album would be completely out of the question since there are about 5,000 varieties.

I wold be surprised if some company like Dansco, Littleton or the like would want to take on a general album for all of the varieties even if it were just for a single denomination.

You would probably be better off just ordering blanks pages for, say, nickels, dimes, quarters, etc. and build your own set.

Chris

An album of Eagle holders might prove ideal for what you have in mind.

I second that. I use them for my 19th century presidential campaign medalet and token collection. It's a very flexible way to go.

Why not take HQ pics of your coins, place them in a SDB or a safe as you choose, and place the pics in a Virtual Album as you please. You would then be

able to view your coins at any size obv/rev and enjoy the complete collection with all your varieties. I recently built a Mercury dime VA for fcloud ats with all his varieties listed. Just a thought.

Jim