• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slab storage

2 posts in this topic

I have two questions that may seem odd. My first question is about the storage of the NGG slab boxes. Is there a wrong way or perfect right way for storing them. An example of this is that my safe is a little too small so I store the NGC box on its side, will that damage any of the slabs in side. My second question is how well does the slab protect against moisture and heat?

• Administrator

Thanks for the question. There is no issue with storing the NGC slab box on its side, but if the box gets banged around the NGC holders could be scratched or damaged.

NGC holders are not 100% airtight so you should avoid an environment with a lot of moisture. Many collectors place silica gel inside the safe to absorb moisture.

The NGC holders do not protect against heat, and any exposure to extreme temperature, moisture, or other extreme conditions can void the NGC Guarantee.