• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Verifying certification

4 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I'm not absolutely certain that I understand what you want, but NGC does not provide information on specific coins to anyone other than the submitter. We will image coins for a small fee, if requested by the submitter, but we don't make these images available to others for verification purposes.

If you're questioning whether a coin you have is a legitimate NGC-certified coin, you may send it to us under our APPEARANCE REVIEW service. There's no charge for this, and we will check the coin to see that it's appearance is consistent with the grade label.

David,

I believe that the gentlemen is asking if there is any database where a potential purchaser could enter a certificate number and have the database return the coin data (series, date, grade). A lot of times, purchasers of coins that are not sight-seen like to have this information to corroborate what the seller is telling them.

• Administrator

Just to clarify, if you have a certification number you wish to verify for coin description (date, denomination, grade, etc.) you may contact NGC Customer Service at 1.800.642.2646 and a representative will be happy to provide that information.

As David stated however, NGC does not provide any other information on specific submissions to anyone other than the submitter.