• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

$3500 For this Roosevelt Dime

21 posts in this topic

It was graded within the last week. Somebody here has to know where it is or who submitted it. Top Pop and I need it!

Please let me know!

MS67+FB

16216524_2200.jpg

Graded by NGC or PCGS? Are those PCGS TrueView images?

I don't like the white blobs on Roosie's head (untoned areas), but to each his own. Good luck hunting it down.

How did you come across the image? Is there a way on PCGS's site to get access to random TruViews?

If you know the certification number, then you can get to any TrueView (if it exists).

images.pcgs.com/trueview/XXXXXXXX where the "XXXXXXXX" is the cert number.

For example, here is a coin that I own http://images.pcgs.com/trueview/24200064

TrueView images also heavily populate CoinFacts on the PCGS site....which is likely where this one came from. In that case, they don't have the certification number attached, but are shown as the "choice" example in their online description of the coin for that year/mm.

As a serious roosevelt dime collector, I would not give 3500 for it.. You are better off buying the NGC ms68*FT on ebay for 3500.00.. 68FT hold their value. Dont count on a 67FT+... The color is magnificant,but it dont justify that price

As a serious roosevelt dime collector, I would not give 3500 for it.. You are better off buying the NGC ms68*FT on ebay for 3500.00.. 68FT hold their value. Dont count on a 67FT+... The color is magnificant,but it dont justify that price

Thanks so much for sharing your opinion Paul. Its worth noting that PCGS has only graded 8 MS67FB's and than this MS67+FB. It's not unlikely that one day another MS67+FB will be graded and maybe even a MS68FB, but I dont think one would have to worry about many grading at this level or higher. With that said I do repsect your opinion.

Thanks.

I would suggest you contact Nick Casio.

what is his name on the forums. I have been considering talking to him but like most other "agents" I assume nick has a guy that is his go to guy (Art Gowan) and I will get what he dont want. Thanks for the suggestion I really appreciate it! I guess it wont hurt to try!

Makes no sense to me why someone would cross this coin over. It seems a lot of coins are going to PCGS because people like to collect their TrueView images...is this a case of that?

Too bad, and I hope that all of these labels make it back to NGC so the populations are at least semi-correct. (shrug)

Take the population reports from all grading companies with a grain of salt. There's a lot of crack and re-sub again, as well as crack and re-sub with another company.

Andy 2c

Makes no sense to me why someone would cross this coin over. It seems a lot of coins are going to PCGS because people like to collect their TrueView images...is this a case of that?

Too bad, and I hope that all of these labels make it back to NGC so the populations are at least semi-correct. (shrug)

I don't think most people are crossing them for the True-View images. Rather, I believe that the majority of people are crossing them because there is a huge difference in the price realized between PCGS and NGC coins of this series at this grade level, regardless of whether I (or we) feel that it is justified or not. A PCGS 67+ FB will probably fetch more money than a NGC MS68 FT, and this coin has enough eye appeal and color that the coin will carry on well on its own without a star designation. Moderns (i.e. series that still circulate) seem to be an area of numismatics where the difference between prices realized for the companies seems to be the greatest in my opinion. Interestingly, I have seen superior NGC specimens that cross easily and some, well not so much.

I'm surprised there aren't more 1954-S dimes at the super-grade levels. It's a rather heavy hoard date. I'd bet there are thousands of bank-wrapped rolls that have never been opened, still in existence.

I'm surprised there aren't more 1954-S dimes at the super-grade levels. It's a rather heavy hoard date. I'd bet there are thousands of bank-wrapped rolls that have never been opened, still in existence.

I agree for this date and many others. That's why I don't think that the current price guide values for many of these pieces at the 68 level or so are going to be tenable in the long term. Many more will likely be made.

Sorry to break the bad news to you guys but high grade PCGS full band Roosies are not that easy to make/find. If it as that easy im sure many would have already been made. Many many many MS68FB Mercs to go around. Not the case with Roosies. If you guys feel inclined to make some please do! Lettme know when you make them!

Anywho

BUMP!