• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What coin zone am I in? posted by 2007 collector

3 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Time flies when time flies...

It have been 18 months since my grand disposal of my modern and common classical collection. I can say that I misses the Gold Buffalo and Silver Pandas. Now it will cost more money to "build" back the collections (prices of gold and silver gone sky high). But it is okay that I made the move to refine my holding. Yes, I had a lot of stuff (almost 500 items).

Now I enjoy the finer coins and currency (yes, now there is currency in my life). I still feel like a kid in a candy store, but I am selective when thinking of purchasing. That why the Buffalo and Pandas are not a priority, but just a "thought".

Also I have gone to more shows around the USofA... Long Beach (a couple more times), Denver (ANA), Chicago (ANA), Baltimore (Whitman), and the FUN this January. The coins/currency are nice, but the friends that you starting to know (in other words..dealers) cuz you see them time and time agian at the shows. New friendships starts with the travel of shows.

As for my present collection, It will be a while for me to post them. I am busy outside the "hobby". Still enjoying the hobby/friends that I got to know.

See more journals by 2007 collector

2007 collector,

It is nice to take a vacation from coins and lean towards notes for a change in collecting. If you are planning to rebuild silver pandas or gold eagles you are in the right time frame as both values are dropping and will continue until the election. Afterwords it will probably be too late as the precious metals values I believe will shoot upward.

Later---Rick

Hello and Good Evening Rick,

Thank you for the tip (on the bullion curve). Presently I am thinking of funding my two young adults (18 and 22) post-grad education. The gold and silver are like I mentioned "just a thought".

Enjoy the hobby,

Daniel