• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Purchase

8 posts in this topic

I finally found a decent AU55 Flying Eagle Cent. It arrived today from Eagle Eye Rare Coins. This FE coin has slight wear on the high points, full strike and clean fields. I will send it to NGC to be slabbed soon. I normally don't buy raw coins via mail, but Rick at Eagle is always a man of his word.

I have tried to get a decent scan of the coin, but can't. The scan comes out blah, but the coin is in fact very pretty (40% red with blue toning).

That sounds like a nice coin. smile.gif I've done a bit of business with Rick and he has always been straight with me regarding his coins.

Look forward to your getting a good photo, Charlie. Sounds great.

But don't listen to Tom. I saw a few of his Indian cents in Baltimore and they were AT but slabbed by PCGS. I tried, truly emplored him, to let me have the coins for proper disposal (into my album collection) but would he listen?

BTW, Charlie, what date is your FE cent?

Hoot

I really like Flyers. Simple yet elegant design.

Would love to see pic's if you can get 'em posted.

Me too!!!

If you bought it out of his online inventory, you should be able to swipe his URL and post the pic here!

was it the raw DDO?

Charlie,

Now, that is a great type coin!!!

The FE cent is a great, classical design which ranks up there among the best of them.

Sounds like a great buy.

Any luck on finding the ms 63 seated liberty dime?

Victor