• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC CrossOver Special

7 posts in this topic

• Administrator

For a limited time NGC is offering a CrossOver special for all US and World coins. Collectors and dealers praise NGC for its consistent and accurate grading as well as the high quality display of its holders. Now you can submit your PCGS-certified coins for CrossOver and pay only a modest $5 handling fee per coin if they do not meet NGC’s strict grading standards.

Read the full announcement here >

I would take advantage of this if I had a large enough collection to warrant it. CAC at $12.50 per submission, has made it easier to obtain the extra level of assurance and you don't have to worry about the re-holdering process, though the NGC holder is quite attractive and extremely secure.

Hello an Good Morning Max ,

Since the change of just "PCGS" for crossovers only, I keep wondering if that was a good move for NGC? I could understand the reasoning better if Ngc had kept "ANACS" in also for crossover, seeing not only as they were the very 1st Grading Service in the country/ but also they are still one of the Top 3 Grading Services as well currently. In my opinion Anacs is right up there in their grading also, and should have a 2nd thought on this.

Has there, or better yet' Do you think NGC will ever go back and adjust this in the future? I can certainly understand the rest of the grading services, but to actually leave Anacs out for crossovers, that I can't understand, an would really appreciate any feedback from you or anyone else knowledgeable in the NGC grading Co' - as to why this was done. IMO' if allowing Anacs in, I believe this will spur more activity as well as get more members into Ngc.

Pls email me, or let me know your thoughts, - NGC' For a Better Tommorrow'

Respectively, Jim Berline/Jims Jeffersons/1938 to date

Max -

I sent seven coins to NGC for the crossover (PCGS certified). Three crossed and four were rejected. My concern is I never received any refund of the cost of the grading. NGC charged my credit card the fees for the Economy grading and the holder when I submitted them, however, once the four were rejected, no refund was made. My understanding was NGC would only charge $5 and return the rejected coins. I have received all the coins back and that was the middle of July. Little disappointed in NGC in this, I will not try it again. I tried to resolve it with the receptionist but she sounded a little too busy to deal with it so I dropped it.

Gosilver, don't drop it and I'm sure NGC is happy for your business. PM some of the moderators here, they might be able to help you!

HECK pm max spiegel above you!

• Administrator

Gosilver,

The grading fees should be refunded as a credit to your account. They would not automatically be credited to your credit card. Can you email me at max@ngccoin.com or PM me with your CS account number so I can look into this further?

Thanks,

Max