• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage: Prooflike Peace Dollar

111 posts in this topic

Any slab shots of this one anywhere? I wish they had additional pics that emphasized the mirroring. It seems kinda low to me. Relative to the Morgan Criteria. Makes me think my 22-D has a shot to cross with at least the *. I am going to be on the sidelines for this one. Hope someone here wins it and shows it off to us with better pics. Good luck.

Bidding Begins:

Approx. July 14, 2012

Auction Dates:

August 2-3, 2012

So which day is the final bid day? Can non-dealers go look at these in hand on the 2nd?

That'd look nice in a PCGS holder!

Youd lose the PL designation. Would look just fine to me in the NGC holder espeically if its a fatty or the new prongs.

It is a new pronged holder, which implies that NGC should have an image. Once the listing is updated, we should get the cert number.

Ah yes, now on my laptop I see the prongs.

I like how those flashy coins look in PCGS holders.

Why?

PCGS holders look cheap, and I don't mean that as a synonym for "inexpensive".

Anyway, good luck to those here bidding on this one. I hope it looks WAY better than the bad Heritage images. (shrug)

Why?

Anyway, good luck to those here bidding on this one. I hope it looks WAY better than the bad Heritage images. (shrug)

Not sure really. That how I like them I guess lol . If I win it Ill be sure to post the PCGS pic.

Why?

Not sure really. That how I like them I guess lol . If I win it Ill be sure to post the PCGS pic.

A quote from Bishop John Bridges, circa 1587 comes to mind....but I digress. Cheers!

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming....

dimefreak, did you have too much kool aid last night? :D :D Looks just fine were it is. Hope someone here like jerseycat or mumu wins it and leaves it be.

WORK extra hours guys

I don't think I have or will have the financial means to win this piece, but I will try anyway! Hopefully is a friendly dealer wins it they will offer me a monthly payment plan ;-)

Are you allowed to view the coin in hand? Perhaps someone can make the trip to do it :)

If vieweing is allowed to non-dealers on Monday I can make the hour trip to Philly and give a detailed description of it and take some additional cell phone shots. I dont think I will be bidding on this one at all. Even if extra hours were available to me, I dont think there would be enough hours in the days left to the show to get there. I dont think it will go quite as high as 10k but if the right 2 bidders want it as a pop 1/0 then maybe it could blow 10k out of the water.

Are you allowed to view the coin in hand? Perhaps someone can make the trip to do it :)

If vieweing is allowed to non-dealers on Monday I can make the hour trip to Philly and give a detailed description of it and take some additional cell phone shots. I dont think I will be bidding on this one at all. Even if extra hours were available to me, I dont think there would be enough hours in the days left to the show to get there. I dont think it will go quite as high as 10k but if the right 2 bidders want it as a pop 1/0 then maybe it could blow 10k out of the water.

I agree. Price is up in the air. I was thinking 1K-15K. Only time will tell.

Anyone can view this right up to the time auction goes off. You just need to get a bidder number during lot viewing.

I sure hope this looks better in hand.

MJ

It will depend on the opinions of two or more bidders who view the coin. The photos suggest deep obverse resurfacing - look closely at the motto.

my guess is it sells between $5k and $10k

I'm thinking $3,000 - $3,500. I'm a little worried that all of this competition will drive the price up to levels that are not reproducible. I do not think the coins is worth more than $5,000, but am guessing that my guess will actually be close to the price realized.

I think the coin has similar diagnostics to the 1921s struck from proof dies VAMs

my guess is it sells between $5k and $10k

I'm thinking $3,000 - $3,500. I'm a little worried that all of this competition will drive the price up to levels that are not reproducible. I do not think the coins is worth more than $5,000, but am guessing that my guess will actually be close to the price realized.

i hope so, because i will be a buyer at that price. i have plenty of time to sell some stuff too

also, i am not very familiar with HA, the listing says bidding begins 07/14, but then it says right under that the auction date 08/02- 08/03 ??? do i have until 08/02 or 08/03 to sell everything i own or must i do this by 07/14 ???:)

also, i am not very familiar with HA, the listing says bidding begins 07/14, but then it says right under that the auction date 08/02- 08/03 ??? do i have until 08/02 or 08/03 to sell everything i own or must i do this by 07/14 ???:)

I know some might think I am saying this so we arent competing, but honestly I wouldnt sell everything you own for that coin. Maybe a different coin but not that coin. Just saying......