• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newbie to the boards question how do I get a jpeg pic to display?

4 posts in this topic

First you need to post up on your picture on a site like Photobucket. After that you place your curser over the picture and a drop box will come down. Place your curser over the second line on the drop box (direct link) and click on it to copy the address for the picture.

Then you come to the NGC site, click on the box to open a message writing space (You can't use the quick post.) go to the third box from the left on the tool bar. It has what looks like a dog ear in the right corner and two dots and a triangle at a 45 degree angle. Click on that, click in the box that appears and copy the picture location code in the space. Then you click to enter the picture to the message.

It sounds hard, but once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy.

Your pictures will be in a file on your computer. Mine is labeled My Pictures when I click my Microsoft flag (lower left of my desk top tool bar).

You have to open a free Photobucket account and import your pictures to Photobucket BEFORE you can send them anywhere. That's just how the internet works. My Photobucket account has a green bar right in the middle of the page when I click "upload" that when clicked sends me to all my picture files. I just rummage through them until I find the right pictures. I select that picture then "open" then the picture selected is imported to Photobucket. From there just follow the above post to complete the process.

It's gonna seem complicated but it really isn't. You just need to do these things a few times.

Printing out this thread may help so you can follow the steps described.

Welcome to the neighborhood!!

You have to open a free Photobucket account and import your pictures to Photobucket BEFORE you can send them anywhere. That's just how the internet works.

This isn't 100% accurate. I don't use Photobucket or any other internet host. My photos are posted directly to the internet using ACDSee software on my computer.

Chris