• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sooo Who won this coin??

7 posts in this topic

1886 Toner

I was looking at ebay from my phone and ran into this coin. It looked really really killer from my phone. I was ready to throw down $400 max, but I seen that it said dark tone which baffled me as this coin was glowing with color on my phone. I got to a pc and looked again and it was much darker than my phone. Odd, so I wonder what this coin will look like in hand? Shane care to shed some light?? I ended up not bidding as high and losing out. :(

The reverse was very colorful with nice luster but that left side of the coin has the black beauty type toning so I made sure to note dark toning and I made sure not to put too much light on the surface when I imaged it as I did not want to deceive any one. I think the image is a very good representation of the coin in hand and if the coin was in an edgeview then it would have made the color pop even more. Some folks don't like that black lusterous toning blending into rainbows so it's a balancing act with descriptions and images..