• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1927-D Peace

18 posts in this topic

Picked this up from an online auction house and curious how you would grade this, the upper feather below the head don't show in the picture well but they are there. The slab is scuffed and hard to photograph through.

1927d-peace-obverse-1.jpg

1927d-peace-reverse-1.jpg

Those are poor images upon which to try to assess the coin. And I can't tell what's spots, vs. what's wear. But I will guess AU55.

Slab is really scuffed and I may crack it out. MCPCG graded so low end grading company. I will try to improve the pictures. *****upgraded the pictures*****

the lines that look like cleaning are scrapes in the slab. Yeah I have never heard of them and can't find anything on the internet about them either. The coin has some toning that looks blotchy in hand.

the lines that look like cleaning are scrapes in the slab. Yeah I have never heard of them and can't find anything on the internet about them either. The coin has some toning that looks blotchy in hand.

That is not the reason we think the coin has been cleaned – the coin does not look right and the color is off.

That is not the reason we think the coin has been cleaned – the coin does not look right and the color is off.

I agree that the coin could be cleaned and that the color appears off, but it could be from the photographs. I don't think we can say definitively that it has. Given it is in a third tier slab and probably was sold as "certified" it certainly wouldn't surprise me.

Paid less than AU-50 price and it is graded AU-50 The color is my poor camera (cell phone). It is having fits focusing on this slab.